Red Eye Reduction using the GIMP
To get two views - one zoomed in and the other full face
- View -> New View
- On the full face window :
- View -> Show Selection (untick it so that the marching ants will only apear
Select the eye you want to work on
- Use the Lassoo tool to select around the eye.
Colour the eye
- Pick the colour of the person's eye (blue for me;-)
- Select the paintbrush tool.
- Change the mode to "colour".
- Change the Opacity down to about 50%
- Use a fuzzy brush - of an appropriate size.
- Paint, by click and drag.
Make the eye black and white instead of red
- Do upto, and including the lassoo to select the eye.
- Select the paint tool
- This time use mode "saturate"
- Pick color black (not saturated at all)
- You can set the Opacity if you want, perhaps 50% again.
- Paint - this time all of the red is drained from the area you paint.