- 225g Onions, chopped
- 900g Apples, cored and chopped
- 110g Sultanas
- 15g Ground Coriander
- 15g Paprika
- 15g Mixed Spice
- 15g Salt
- 340g Granulated Sugar
- 425ml Malt Vinegar
- Put all the ingredients into a preserving pan. Slowly bring to the boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer for 1½-2 hours, stirring from time to time to stop the chutney sticking to the pan.
- When it is very thick and you can draw a wooden spoon across the base of the pan so that it leaves a channel behind it that does not immediately fill with liquid, the chutney is ready.
- Turn into sterilised jars, seal and cool.
- Store in a cool, dark cupboard for two to three months before eating.
I only used about half the amount of sugar, and I intended to taste it half way through cooking, but forgot. Doh!
My scales are sensitive enough for small quantities such, so the spices and salt was a bit random!