Blackberry and Apple Jam
- 1.8kg Blackberry
- 1/4 pint Water
- 2 tubs of Apple (I had some in the freezer!)
- 1.3kg Sugar
- The juice of one Lemon
- Put the blackberry, apple, lemon and water into the pan, and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- As my apple was pre-cooked, I added it later.
- Add the sugar, stirring till the sugar has all dissolved.
- Bring to the boil.
- Test for a Set and then pot up into pre-warmed jars.
- I used Le Parfait jars, putting them into a boiling water bath to sterilise after sealing.
Most recipes have more sugar, but I wanted to try a less sweet version.
One my pots didn't seal - Grr, are the seals rubbish or the jars, or maybe its me!
Filled 12 of my 200ml Le Parfait jars.