- Break the chocolate in small pieces
- Put the chocolate, butter, golden syrup and cocoa in a saucepan. You will find it easier to measure the golden syrup if you warm the spoon first.
- Put the saucepan on the stove over a low heat. Stir the mixture with a spoon to blend the chocolate butter syrup and cocoa well together until they have completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and stir in the rice crispies
- The crispies mixture can then either be placed in moulds on buttered greaseproof paper or shaped into boats.
- Put in a fridge to harden and then store in a cool place.