Garlic and Herb Walnut Bread
Page 395 in the Bread and Bread Machine Bible.
- 150ml Milk
- 60ml Water
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 325g White Bread Flour
- 40g Rolled Oats
- 40g Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the bread machine in the order given.
- Use the basic loaf setting, and press start.
- Remove the bread at the end of the baking cycle and place on a wire rack to cool.
I used Pecan nuts instead of walnuts. I didn't have walnuts. I didn't notice the difference very much as the herbs had the biggest flavour impact especially when the bread was still warm. It didn't rise as much as my egg bread but it was ok. I'll make it again.