Moroccan Ksra Bread
Page 354 of the Bread and Bread Machine Bible.
A leavened flat Bread made with semolina.
- Place all ingredients into the machine in the order given.
- Set to dough setting, and press start.
- When the cycle has finished (1 hour 30 minutes), place the dough on a floured surface.
- Knock back, and divide into two and form into two balls.
- Flatten into 2cm high discs.
- Place each on a breaded backing sheet.
- Cover the dough with oiled cling film and leave to rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Prick the surface with a fork.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until brown, and sound hollow.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
Replace up to half of the white bread flour with wholemeal for a nuttier flavour.
I didn't have aniseed, I tried fennel fronds. I bottled it, and only added "lots" rather than "sack fulls". The flavour was hardly noticeable.
The one on the middle shelf had a burnt bottom. Hmmm.
The seeds didn't stick very well.