I used the recipe for Olive Fougasse, but baked in in the machine as a normal loaf.
- 250g Water
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- 350g White Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Quick Bake Yeast
At the beep
- 50g chopped Black Olives
- Put all the ingredients except the olives into the machine, and hit Go!
- At the Beep, add the olives.
The Full Fougasse
- Use the dough setting.
- Knock back the dough, and gently flatten it.
- Sprinkle over the olives, and fold over the dough two or three times to incorporate them.
- Flatten, and roll into an oblong about 30cm long.
- With a sharp knife, make four or five diagonal parallel cuts, leaving the edges intact.
- Gently stretch the dough, so that it resembles a ladder.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet, and place the dough on it. Cover with clear film, and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C.
- Brush the top with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes