Serves: 4 ; Prep: 20 mins ; Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 225g risotto Rice
- 500g Pumpkin or 1 small Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 large fresh Sage leaves, finely chopped
- pinch of Saffron
- 850ml Vegetable Stock, hot
- 150g frozen Sweetcorn
- 125g Mozzarella Cheese, diced
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a moderate heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook gently for 4–5 minutes until softened but not browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice, pumpkin or butternut squash and sage leaves and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Stir the saffron into the hot stock, then pour about a quarter of the stock into the pan and stir well until it has almost all been absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Continue adding the stock, only a ladleful at a time, making sure each is almost completely absorbed before adding the next, and stirring frequently to produce a creamy texture.
- With the last addition of stock add the sweetcorn and stir well. Once all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is tender (this will take about 20 minutes), stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Season to taste, then cover the pan and allow to stand for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the risotto with the pumpkin seeds and serve at once.