Rum and Raisin Loaf
From page 460 of Bread and Bread Machine Bible.
- 75g Raisins
- 25ml Dark Rum
- 1 Egg
- 140ml Milk
- 350g White Bread Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 40g Butter
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Rapid Rise Yeast
For the Glaze
- 2 tsp Clear Honey (warmed)
- Place the rum and raisins in a bowl and leave to soak for at least 2 hours.
- Add the eggs, milk and flour to the bread machine's tin.
- Add the ground ginger, caster sugar, salt and butter into the corners.
- Make a small indent in the center of the flour, and add the yeast.
- Start the machine (basic loaf setting).
- Near the end of the dough cycle for your Bread Machine, add the rum and raisins.
- When cooked, remove from the tin, and apply the warmed honey to the top with a brush.