Spiced Orange Sorbet
- 3 Oranges
- 2 Lemons
- 500ml (2 cups) Water
- 100g Sugar (about a half cup) or simply to taste
- 4 Cloves
- Slice the top off the orange to make a lid. Make sure there is a big enough hole to scoop out the insides and to eat from later. Freeze the shell with lid.
- Scoop out the insides and squeeze the juice from the innards straining off the pulp.
- Juice the lemons as well and combine the fruit juices with the water, sugar, and spices (omitting the spices works just as well).
- Heat up the juice mixture for about 5 minutes to infuse the spices. If you omit the spices, you'll only need this step if the sugar isn't dissolving in room temperature, in which case you only need to heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker, following the maker's instructions. If you don't have one, you can simply freeze the juice in the freezer until it starts to harden. Then, every couple hours scrape or blend it quickly and refreeze. Do this until it comes out to a consistency of your liking.
- Add the sorbet to the frozen shells and serve. You can keep it in the freezer and then defrost a little next time so it's not so hard.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License