- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 medium Red Onions finely chopped
- 2 Chillies
- 4 1/2 cm finely chopped fresh Ginger
- 250 g peeled, cored and chopped Apples (about 3)
- 1 1/2 kg Blackberries
- 400 g Sugar
- 300 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 200 g Sultanas
- Soften the red onion, ginger and chilli in olive oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add blackberries and apples and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Add sugar, wine vinegar and sultanas, stir while dissolving sugar.
- Bring to boil and simmer.
- To test if chutney’s ready, run a spoon gently through it. The spoon should leave a trail and no excess liquid should run into it. If liquid quickly fills the trail then it’s not ready.
- Whilst still hot, funnel into hot, sterilised jars and seal with lid.
See also Simple Blackberry Chutney