Simple Blackberry Chutney
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onions, finely chopped
- 3 cm Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 large red Chillies, finely chopped
- 500 g blackberries
- 45 g caster Sugar
- 30 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the red onion, ginger and chilli.
- Fry gently for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add blackberries and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add in the sugar and vinegar, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon into hot, sterilised jars. Cover with waxed paper discs and cool. Once cooled seal and store until using.
See also Blackberry Chutney.