Spinach and Ricotta Conchiglie
- 250g Large Conchiglie Pasta
- 350ml Passata
- 275g De-frosted Chopped Spinach
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 120ml Milk
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 250g Ricotta Cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tsp black olive paste (optional)
- 25g grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water. Rinse, drain and set aside for later.
- Remove excess water from the spinach by pressing it against a sieve with the back of a spoon.
- Use a food processor to mix the breadcrumbs, milk and 3tbsp olive oil.
- Mix in the spinach and ricotta.
- In a separate container, mix the passata, garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil. (optionally with the olive paste)
- Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the bottom of a dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Pipe the ricotta mixture into the conchiglie, and place neatly in the dish over the sauce.
- Cook for 15 minutes in a oven preheated to 180°C
- Preheat the grill.
- Take the dish from the oven, scatter with parmesan and pine nuts.
- Place under the grill to brown the cheese.